Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Wedding Ceremony. Part Three.



I woke up next to my Sister, eager to see the world outside the curtains.

The bright sun shone through. I breathed a sigh of relief because today was the day I was getting married. I had no other plans, determined to get married amongst the green berry fields and when thunder was forecast the night before I threw my hands up in the air not knowing what to do.

Hours later as soon as my necklace was fixed and flowers in hand we rushed to the cars. For some reason I was desperate to arrive on time, not giving us any "late bride" slack.

My Step-Dad drove myself and my Father in his car to the venue, a small moment I took the time to notice and remember.

I found myself sheltering under a large tree holding up my white dress to air my sweaty legs. We watched guests arrive in the car park and hurry towards the ceremony. A Canterbury nor-wester was blowing through, bringing with it a burning sun and just as hot air. We couldn't escape it. It was hot and we were melting but it was time to go through.

The Youth Pastor had edited our favourite song, the one he proposed to me with, into a mix of instrumental with vocals. It was extremely choreographed and timed well and we all had to focus on when we were to enter. I wished he was there with me, knowing I would most likely screw it up.

I walked slowly and in time, my father on my arm walked out of time. "I'm so sorry!" I thought in my head, hoping Youth Pastor could hear.

For most of the walk down the aisle I was blinded by the sun shining onto my vale, I trusted my Dad was leading me in the right directly and tried to focus on smiling, not knowing who was smiling back at me.

"Hi" Youth Pastor breathed as he took my hands in his. His hands were slippery but they firmly held onto mine. He was dashingly handsome and I felt like we were in a fairy tale.


READ MORE:
Stalker Boy. Boy and Girl Meet. Part One.
A Newly Wed Disaster. Part Two.





Sister Amy, Camilla, Brydie, Dad all waiting under a tree hot and sweaty


The first meeting on the altar

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and you looked stunning :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these are so delicious....almost tempted to write my own...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look beautiful x I love reading about other peoples weddings.. the planning of my own is rather daunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent site you’ve got here.. It’s difficult to find excellent writing like yours nowadays. I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover