Thursday, January 17, 2013

Basket Weave Crochet


I've got the dishes fever! Actually. Thats a huge lie! I don't, but I did have a whole lot of fun (and frustration) creating this rather large basket-weave dishcloth pattern!

I've been following Leonie on Instagram and her recent dishcloth frenzie had me all inspired! It took me a few goes but I eventually found this great link to a pretty (and practical) dishcloth pattern.  Like I said, I used the basket-weave but adjusted it slightly so it had a treble border around it. I accidentally made it far too big. Its about the size of my mac-book screen. Ideally I would like it to be about 15cm.


This week Holly made some dishcloths too and posted a really easy pattern for you to follow if you're a beginner and want to join the cloth bandwagon!

I love my cloth so far and plan to add to the collection, along with some mini ones for Milla!


((If you want to see more crochet inspiration follow Sophie Slim on Pinterest))

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking Sophie, looking forward to seeing your collection grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for crochet dishcloths!!! I love this one you've made! Some of mine are quite big too so I'm trying to make them a little smaller. I must organise a swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of all the cool as crochet dishcloths I am seeing around in the blog world!! Almost makes me want to take up crochet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dishcloth, and love the pic of Milla's hand sneaking it away :)

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover