Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Handmade Skirt


A little while ago I set myself a new challenge to dust off my old sewing machine and to get using it! The only way to get better at something is with practice, not thinking if only I was better...

After I received the travelling Stash Box I realised my opportunity had come, there was some devine thick fabric in there that was the perfect amount for a super simple skirt!

One day I would love to put a little applique pocket on the front, but lets face it, I'm not much of a perfectionist and now that I have 'finished' this I probably wont be altering it. Dreams, huh?

Anyway, I quickly had to sew this then and there (10pm at night) and debuted it at Church the next morning. Hubby loved seeing my legs after a long winter! ;)

It feels SO GOOD to have made something that I can wear myself! 

My summer sewing challenge I have set for myself:

1x Skirt
1x Top
3x Dresses




The print on the fabric is navy and white. I teemed it with a colbolt blue cardi, and a peachy pink scarf and matching shoes. Just between us I love wearing scarves. For someone who has a limited wardrobe they are the perfect accessory to change any outfit! 


Outfit Deets::
Silk scarf: Gift from a friend visiting India
Cardigan: Glassons
Skirt: Handmade by meeee
Shoes: Warehouse

Joining in with Wardrobe Wednesday at Create Hope Inspire

READ MORE:
Traveling Stash Box

Do you want to join me in a summer sewing challenge for yourself? You could do anything really!




6 comments:

  1. Oh its so cute Sophie. Love the print on it!
    I am a scarf lover too, they brighten up any outfit! I have quite a collection (ahem) now... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the skirt Soph! Cute print.
    I'm definitely trying to get some things sewn for me this summer. I'm thinking a few tops, a dress perhaps (which might not be worth it as I'm breastfeeding) and a skirt or two. Too many things on my list and not enough time to sew though. Can't wait to see what you sew next! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha you look awesome!! Love the print and the way you have styled it up. You look really fab. Can't wait to see what you make next. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Sophie! Well done you! I love the outfit you've put together around your spanky new skirt too - matching your scarf and shoes is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute! and good working getting it made....looking forward to seeing what else you make from your list

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!
    My legs need to see wax before they can debut

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover