Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fajitas In The Kitchen



Recently inspired to get back into the kitchen and try some new things I have been thumbing through Jaime Olivers Ministry of Food

My cooking is bland because when it comes down to it I don't actually know how to cook. I can follow a recipe but I dont know what most foods taste like or what goes with what. Everything I make is mostly stodgey, definitely bland and unoriginal. Its usually meat, sauce and a few vegetables.

This week I made delicious fajitas. We ate them like a salad and I used a taco seasoning, salsa, peppers and gaucamole. I branched out, did something different. And... it made me feel alive. I'm still thinking back to that delicious meal and looking forward to what I will make this week. There was no pasta or potatoes. We even ate outside in the sun on our new outdoor setting that was a Christmas gift! 

Perfecto!



6 comments:

  1. Go you! You just need to build up your cooking confidence a little bit and you'll be flying.
    Well done, it looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fajitas are one of my favourite meals! We often make them with chicken strips then put everything else out on the table and the kids make their own, they love it. Yours look really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so easy and so NOT boring. YUM! I gotta get some of this goodness going on in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE fajitas around here - it's a great meal for young kids (ok, maybe not Camilla young, but she'll get there ;)

    I think the key to learning to cook is to try new thing all the time and TASTE them as you go. You need to educate your taste buds too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! That looks spectacular! My cooking is pretty average, Mainly because I'm happy with having baked beans every night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yum - go you!! falafels in pita pockets is another easy-but-colourful-and-fresh one! the premade falafel mix in the supermarket fridges goes a long way - about $5 a tub and we always have leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover