Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What A Privilege!




On Saturday we went as a family to vote for our new government. 

I've voted before, but I'm fairly new to this politics game. I think for the first time I began to understand what MMP is and its implications. In school they just teach you that it means lots of people are in the government. Not very helpful. 

Anyway, parties aside, I consider it a huge privilege to live in a country where our votes count. Especially in Christchurch central where there is a dead heat. One of my votes made a difference. 

I hope to teach Camilla to be informed about our country and our freedom to vote and be heard. She will be attending all the votes and will grow up listening to Mum and Dad talking policies and hearing us pray for our government until she can do so herself.

Smells a bit like freedom doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. I think everyone who can should vote. It's a great way to have your say about who runs your country and shows how blessed we are to have a democracy

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover