Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A New Appreciation




I have a whole new appreciation for single mothers, and mothers with children and babies. Seriously.

I'm sick right now (just a cold, don't worry), Camilla's crying pounds at my blocked head and sometimes it feels like it's about to explode. It's such a relief to have Graeme around to do the caring when he gets home from work and I'm almost at the end of myself. I am so so grateful for a loving husband.

Single Mums - I don't know how you do it, but I hope you have amazing friends and family around you who can fill those gaps and you get a moments peace during the day. You are legends. Bless you.

Mums with lots of kids - I have no idea where you find the time or the energy. Perhaps it gets easier with practice and experience? Maybe its just one of those 'sink or swim' situations? Either way - I think you deserve a medal. 

Everyone else - Please look after our single mums and family mums. They are doing such an amazing job. Deliver dinner, do their dishes, buy them coffee, shout them something for 'them', ask how you can help... Or, just appreciate and know they probably have the hardest job around.

2 comments:

  1. I always wonder how the heck twin mums manage??
    You're doing great Soph, promise it gets easier.
    We're just round the corner if you need an escape xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie,
    What you say it is very true!
    I hope you felling better soon!
    take care, Lorena

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover