Friday, June 24, 2011

Garter Stitch Socks

This week I made socks for our little one.

I had to learn how to sssp, 3 needle bind off and master the use of double pointed needles. They are so fiddly and tricky! I found the free pattern here. Check it out and give it a try! The instructions are super easy to understand and cover every step.


I love the detailing on the front with the garter stitch stripe, and the seam that goes across the toe is the result of a 3 needle bind off. That detail was actually what attracted me to the pattern and made me want to knit them.


The back has a garter stitch seem too which is actually no seem at all and is just a design feature.

I ended up with a small hole in one of the heels and I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. The second sock I did was 2 rows longer than the other one. Doh. I guess that's what happens when you knit while watching Hells Kitchen.

I hope they fit our girl - If I get time and bored enough I may just embroid her initials into the side of them.

Next week I'm making baby leg warmers :)

3 comments:

  1. they look great. well done (lucky baby)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Unfortunately not. I realised afterwards they were acrylic, and I only wanted cotton or wool on her feet (nice and breathable natural materials). But still, so proud of these. They really are lovely to look at :)

      Delete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover