Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sophie is going to Africa!

As you can [hopefully] tell, Africa is a huge part of my life.

I have wanted to go ever since I was 13 and snuck into my sisters room and discovered a booklet about World Vision. What I saw shocked and horrified me and I promised myself I would not forget it and do something about it when I was able to! Many years on my heart still aches for the realities of this world and I still feel Africa (or maybe God) whispering my name.

Lately, it has been yelling my name, so I thought it was time to do something about, which is why I have signed up for a short term missions trip to Uganda with Tent Peg Missions. (!!!)

It's for one month in June/July, visiting the Home Of Hope Orphanage (an orphanage for children with disabilities), praying, ministering and preaching. I am so super excited. This trip is all about the power of God and I couldn't be more thrilled, nervous and sure of anything else.

I'm looking forward to this next step in life and what God has in store for me. I have realised I am only one person with very limited resources going for a very small amount of time. I'm sure Uganda will teach me a lot and change me in ways I can't prepare for, more than what good I will do. At some point in my life I hope that I could give Uganda something back for all the ways it will grow me, but all I can offer right now is my love, and the gospel.

At this stage I will be going husbandless (Graeme is still yet to decide if he wishes to go), and right now I am moneyless. I will definitely be relying on God for his provision of strength, love, safety and finances. Prayers would always be appreciated.


This is the team who went on the trip this year - so next year you will see my sunburnt face there too! :D

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo - I love Africa and would love to go there oneday!!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover