Monday, October 11, 2010

Learning to Crochet!

This weekend I have been inspired to learn to crochet! It was one of those God given commands, when the universe suddenly aligns, and you know that theres no other way you could continue living if you didn't walk this road.

And really, who ever heard of a person knitting, but not crocheting? Well friends, my time has come.

Thanks to the internet, a call to my Nana (does she even know how to crochet?) was not necessary,  I consulted the goodness of YouTube for my tutorials.

As my husband says, you can do anything with Google.

I also found this amazing blog and I have been won over by her wit, her charm and her talent! She posted this blog, which I have seen reblogged a few times around now, and I was sold! Today, my mission is to make a wee jacket for my needle jars. How cute would a jam jar be with a wee raspberry on the front!? Oh! I'm in love!



Eventually i would love to make this wee guy and sell him on my shop, but he's for another day.


If you're like me and you want to learn to crochet, check out this website which has handy tutorials and lots of free vintage patterns!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover