Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Green, Red and Blue! High waisted skirt

I have finally finished my high waisted skirt that I have had the material for for almost a year.

For my 21st birthday my Nana gave me her old old sewing machine and some money to buy some fabric with, and I have finally finished my first project with it!

I love this fabric. The colours grabbed me. Traditionally, none of them are supposed to suit each other, but the boldness of this piece means that they go amazingly together.







Truth be told, I had a basic dress pattern, but really had no idea what I was doing. It took me all of two hours, and I only had to unpick one section and basically made it up as I went and tried it on a billion times throughout the process.

My husband chose the length on me, and pinned it in place. 

I am super happy with the way it turned out and can't wait to make more items just like this one in the lead up to summer!!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Is this your first sewing project? If so it is amazing. It is weird to think that you are leading up to summer when I am leading up to winter! Your all upside down or I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz! I have sewn a few things before, and used to take lessons for a few years in high school, but have never just free-sewn anything like this before without a pattern!!

    Crazy about the seasons too, I am so looking forward to summer!! Can't wait to get out of these winter coats. Unfortunately, I am terrible at layering so winter in my most hated season haha!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

Pin It button on image hover